CGM LABDAQ Laboratory Information System is the nation's leading lab management software
CGM supports ASCLS members
CGM LABDAQ is the leading laboratory information system, or LIS, in the United States. CGM LABDAQ can be found in virtually every clinical laboratory environment including physician offices, clinics, reference laboratories, and hospitals. CGM LABDAQ meets the needs of veterinary offices and labs performing toxicology and PCR testing.
Popular among members of the ASCLS (American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science), CGM LABDAQ creates a more efficient laboratory, minimizing the time spent on administrative tasks with advanced functionality including data mining, inventory management, and specimen storage. The Workflow Management option automates multi-well plate workflows.
CGM LABDAQ is a scalable LIS that will meet your future testing needs. As your laboratory grows, CGM LABDAQ easily accommodates more users, more analyzers, more testing, more interfaces, and more reporting.
The CGM LABNEXUS web portal provides an easy way for providers without EMR connectivity to place orders and receive results. A patient portal is also available.
Excellence in design and support
Key to the success of CGM LABDAQ is a focus on user-friendly, intuitive design. From the customizable user homescreen through to the detailed reports sent to providers, CGM LABDAQ is designed for efficiency and ease of use.
CompuGroup Medical clients also benefit from the expertise of our dedicated, in-house implementation and technical support teams. Highly rated by our clients, our implementation and support teams are your partners from day one, dedicated to the success of your lab or practice.
Implement the nation's leading LIS
CompuGroup Medical is the largest provider of laboratory information systems in the United States, based on the number of clients served. Building on more than 30 years of experience, CGM LABDAQ has been installed in physician offices, clinics, reference labs, hospitals, and many other kinds of laboratories nationwide.
CGM LABDAQ evolves with your lab. With new features and capabilities based on real laboratory feedback, CGM LABDAQ is able to meet the needs of many types of facilities: student health centers, veterinary offices, pain management clinics, toxicology, and specialty testing reference laboratories.
CGM LABDAQ is designed to meet the needs of your laboratory by maximizing reimbursements, fostering total connectivity, improving workflows and efficiency, assisting with HIPAA and CLIA compliance, and more.
Learn more about interfaces to and relationships with analyzers and industry partners.
CGM LABDAQ for your specialty
See how CompuGroup Medical offers unique configurations for specialized labs including:
- Forensic labs
- Veterinary labs
- Toxicology labs
Customize CGM LABDAQ to your unique workflow with these software options
Whether your laboratory is expanding, implementing an outreach program, or requires additional functionality, you can customize the CGM LABDAQ Laboratory Information System to meet your needs.
View laboratory performance metrics with LAB IQ
LAB IQ for CGM LABDAQ is an interactive dashboard that allows users to view laboratory performance metrics.
With a user-friendly dashboard, LAB IQ offers business insight through advanced analytics and reporting. LAB IQ eliminates manual processes and increases efficiency to help laboratories make informed business decisions.
Laboratories can view and evaluate
- Test volumes
- Ordering patterns
- Turnaround times
Reference labs can evaluate these metrics by client to monitor performance and ensure customer satisfaction.
Gain control of your inventory with Inventory Management
Inventory Management for the CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system reduces costs, saves time, and helps you gain control of your inventory.
Users spend less time on administrative tasks, easily tracking reagents and consumables and recording which reagents were used for which tests. Alerts notify users of low inventory levels and approaching expiration dates, decreasing emergency shipments, possible send outs, and reducing waste. Users can easily locate and discard expired reagents to reduce lab citations.
Key features of Inventory Management
- Displays item quantity, manufacturer, lot number, receipt date, expiration, storage conditions and location, and special handling instructions
- Prints barcode labels for inventory items
- Allows techs to remove items from inventory with a barcode scanner
- Alerts users of low inventory and approaching expiration dates based on user-defined thresholds
- Supports inventory auditing
- Tracks which patients were tested with each reagent lot
Increase efficiency with Workflow Management
Workflow Management for the CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system increases efficiency by facilitating workflows where multiple intermediate steps, with or without results, are part of an overall process to generate a reportable result.
Workflow Management saves time. Users can easily query pending orders and build plate maps for each workflow step. This alleviates manual documentation and plate map assignment.
Key features of Workflow Management
- Configures and assigns test plates, including assigning specific wells for quality control
- Builds a worklist of specimens to be tested for each workflow step
- Assigns specimens to specific plate positions
- Employs rules to coordinate testing across multiple workflow steps
- Exports well assignments to analyzers prior to testing
- Imports results for each well from the analyzer
Assist lab managers with compliance using Document Management
Document Management for the CGM LABDAQ labratory information system assists lab managers with compliance by ensuring that lab staff has access to the most recent documentation while also recording the review of lab policies and procedures.
Managers will save time by assigning personnel to sign documents and will no longer be required to review procedure manuals to find signature statuses.
Key features of Document Management
- Provides web-based, remote access to documents
- Ensures documentation integrity by providing only the most up-to-date documents
- Features an intuitive interface that shows due dates for documents pending staff review
- Provides managers with access to overdue documents
- Generates email reminders that can be sent prior to and after the due date if document review is still pending
Document specimen locations within CGM LABDAQ
Specimen Storage for the CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system documents the storage location of specimens following testing. Users can quickly and easily find stored specimens for retesting or to send to other facilities for additional testing.
Key features of Specimen Storage
- Provides specimen locations directly from requisition maintenance
- Enables creation of racks based on rack dimensions
- Allows users to scan specimens into user-defined racks for storage after testing
Designed for reference labs and facilities performing moderate- to high-volume testing and facing decreased reimbursements, Specimen Storage is a user-friendly tool that provides the opportunity for significant increases in efficiency.
Gain access to detailed laboratory information
Data Miner for the CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system saves time and provides access to detailed laboratory information. Data Miner queries include patient results, billing information, controls, and requisitions.
Queried data can be filtered by fields including date range, tests, patient demographics, and more. Data Miner filters can be saved for future queries, allowing for easy access and rapid query generation.
Key features of Data Miner
- Includes queries for billing functions, controls, requisitions, insurances, patient results, and patient outcome tracking
- Allows users to define database queries for specific data combinations
- Allows users to personalize grid views
- Saves custom filters for common, recurring queries
- Prints data in a grid format or exports to Microsoft Excel
Analyze and report patient results for medication consistency
CGM LABDAQ® Medication Compliance flags results as consistent or inconsistent based on a patient’s prescribed medication.
Your lab can distinguish itself by choosing a CGM LABDAQ Medication Compliance report—or customizing your own—that best serves your clients. Convey critical information to providers in a concise, easy-to-interpret report.
Key features of Medication Compliance
- Interfaces with drug screening and confirmation testing instruments
- Automates ordering of confirmatory tests based on screening test results using user-defined rules
- Generates reports with drug screen and confirmatory test results
- Alerts users if a specimen is suspected of adulteration
- Reports consistent or inconsistent status based on a patient's test results and prescribed medications
“I especially like the LC/MS Medication Compliance report. The first page gives our providers a quick answer about consistent and inconsistent test results based on the patient’s medication list. The second page shows the quantitative levels of found compounds. These reports are our client-deliverable product and reflect our lab’s analytical credibility. CGM LABDAQ delivers exactly what we wanted.” -Laboratory Tech Supervisor, Arizona Pain Specialists
Scan important documents directly into CGM LABDAQ
Scans and attaches important documents directly into CGM LABDAQ at the patient or requisition level. Attachments can include any file type. Additional hard drive space may be required.
Monitor laboratory workflow with Manager Review
Manager Review for the CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system allows users to easily monitor laboratory workflow from specimen collection to lab receipt to test completion. Lab staff will no longer have to pull multiple reports to ensure that testing is being completed as expected.
Especially helpful for reference labs or facilities with remote sites, Manager Review saves laboratory staff time and provides quick and easy access to information.
Key features of Manager Review
- Quick access to data across multiple lab facilities and clients
- Real-time turnaround time monitor
- Secondary result review with electronic signature prior to release
Improve your Medicare billing with Medical Necessity Checking
The CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system can provide medical necessity checking to ensure orders contain appropriate diagnosis codes and meet frequency limits.
Add Medical Necessity Checking to your LIS to prevent costly denials. Medical Necessity Checking uses up-to-date CodeMap® data files, including NCD and LCD files.
Key features of Medical Necessity Checking
- Ensures medical necessity checking is performed
- Provides quarterly updates of CodeMap® data files including CPT-to-diagnosis code pairs
- Determines if diagnosis codes are valid for tests being ordered
- Maximizes Medicare reimbursements for lab testing
Export proficiency testing data
Allows labs to electronically export proficiency testing data to API proficiency software. Eliminates manual keying of PT data, provides data export, and offers real-time connection.
Redefine your laboratory administration with DAQvantage
DAQvantage for the CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system offers a scheduler and lab calendar to redefine administration of the laboratory and allow you to better manage specific tasks and resources.
Key features of DAQvantage
- Provides a calendar for staffing purposes, analyzer maintenance and calibration, and QC tasks such as control lot validation or proficiency testing
- Allows users to communicate with staff and document assigned tasks using an intra-lab mail system
- Enables managers to assign one-time and recurring tasks
Improve your client outreach with Client Services
Need a better way to support your outreach clients?
Client Services for the CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system is a user-friendly solution for supporting your clients. Store client contact information for quick, easy access. Create open calls, update existing calls, and view communication history with your outreach clients.
Key features of Client Services
- Provides a single screen to manage client contacts, calls, and attachments
- Logs and tracks all calls from your client locations
- Provides quick access to clients that require follow-up actions
- Sorts calls by category and priority
- Allows users to open calls while in requisition maintenance without interrupting workflow
- Permits administrators to track calls by user groups
- Includes call history and call summary reports
Turn your keyboard into a cell counter with DAQcounter
DAQcounter for the CGM LABDAQ laboratory information system turns your lab's keyboard into a cell counter.
DAQcounter can be used for both manual differentials and urine microscopic studies. Laboratories can customize units of measure to conform to their current reporting terminology. DAQcounter eliminates the need for external cell counters, because values are entered directly into the LIS.
Key features of DAQcounter
- Allows direct input for urine microscopies and manual cell differentials
- Enables users to customize units of measure
- Accommodates manual differentials based on either 100- or 50-cell counts
Automatically verify results
Enables CGM LABDAQ to automatically verify results based on laboratory-defined criteria. Greatly reduces manual review time and allows staff to focus on potentially problematic specimens and results. Criteria includes flags, result values, specimen type, associated tests, and more.
Key Benefits of CGM Lab Software
CGM LABDAQ increases reimbursement and optimizes profitability with tools designed to verify laboratory tests are billed correctly. User-defined rules will ensure that all testing and billing procedures are tracked and enforced, assisting with accurate and timely payment.
CGM LABDAQ provides real-time access to necessary parties outside the laboratory. Interfaces with your EHR and practice management system (orders, demographics, results, and billing information) provide you with seamless connectivity and interoperability. Bi-directional interfaces to national and regional reference laboratories are also available.
Increased Patient Safety
Patient care is of the highest importance for all healthcare professionals. CGM LABDAQ safeguards patients through high quality, accurate processes and results. It improves efficiency while reducing errors, ensuring results are precise, accurate, and available to providers as quickly as possible.
CGM LABDAQ offers an easy-to-use and intuitive user experience that is easily configured to fit your facility’s unique environment. The LIS will automate pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic activities, eliminating tedious manual entry and reducing the possibility of human error.
Regulatory and HIPAA Compliance
CompuGroup Medical works closely with regulatory agencies to provide the required tools to assist with compliance. CGM LABDAQ has an established record of updating software to meet new regulations. Laboratory inspections require less preparation with the CGM LABDAQ Quality Control and Document Management options. User-defined rules ensure that laboratory procedures are followed.
Data Integrity, Security, and Scalability
CGM LABDAQ enables the scalability and customization needed to support labs as business needs change. CGM LABDAQ is built on one of the most trusted open-source, object-relational databases available. CGM LABDAQ provides optimum data storage, security, and performance.
I really appreciate how easy it is for a new user to be up and running without instruction: sending and finding results, making reports, etc.